4/21/18

you're the cutest! {Spellbinders}...

Stopping in today with a quick and simple card using one of my favorite Spellbinders dies called Lovely Lilac Etched Die.  The die comes with 2 pieces.  The inner outline and then the large solid shadow die.  With these 2 dies, there are so many possibilities to create many different looks.  

IMG_6230

First, I die cut the outline and then did some ink blending to add in the color.  Next, I cut another outline out of vellum...for 2 reasons...I wanted the color to be muted, but I also wanted to tip the vellum up for some dimension.  

IMG_6234

I grabbed a white card base and added a piece of black and white striped cardstock along the bottom. I added the Lilac die to on top with some foam tape.  To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment and then added in some dew drops. 

Here is a shot of the card from the side.  I love the look of the layered vellum....

IMG_6239

Hope you have enjoyed today's card.  Thanks for stopping in!

_____________________________________

FIND ME OVER ON:

Instagram: Laurie Willison (@laurie_willison)


Facebook: Soapbox Creations

6 comments:

  1. Your blooms and leaves are so pretty and I love your CAS design, Laurie! The vertical stripes along the bottom are perfect, too! Another really gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers and stripes are always a win. This is beautiful! Great idea with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how delicate this is Laurie! The vellum is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS