4/24/17

Creative Construction with Blueprints....

Hello there!  Every month, My Favorite Things, has a fun post that is dedicated to the Blueprints.  If you are new to MFT, Blueprints are a set of dies that all work together to create a card front, and with TONS of layout possibilities.  Each set of Blueprints comes with a printable pdf of sketches to get your creativity going.  Our challenge this month?  To use those sketches!

Mixing and matching Blueprints elements is such an appealing way of creating something new and exciting. Sometimes though, you need a card and you need it in a hurry…enter Blueprints sketches. Every new Blueprints release includes a quartet of sketches featuring the elements. You choose the papers and stamps to coordinate but the design is done for you - easy peasy! Join our team this month as they interpret Blueprints sketches and make them their own.

Here is my card for this months challenge.....

Print

I used Blueprints 32 (picture and sketch below) to create this layout.  I love that every detail is included and then mapped out for you.  Anytime I lose my creative mojo, it helps so much to go find a good sketch.

First, I did some distress ink blending with the Paisley Stencil from MFT.  I wanted to keep that background as a focal point in a way, by adding most of the other details in white.  By doing this, I feel like the white really pops too.  I added in the heart with Summer Splash card stock and then layered on the "sending hugs" sentiment.  After the card was assembled, I added glossy accents to the sentiment and sprinkled some white glitter on, just for a change of texture.  I could see the sentiment stand out even though it is still white on white.  

IMG_4476

Here is a quick pic of Blueprints 32....


All of the Blueprints come with a free printable sheet of Blueprint Sketches.  These are the perfect way to boost that crafty mojo.  Click HERE to see the Printable Resources over at MFT. 

Below, I added a photo of the Sketches for Blueprints 32.  I used the top left sketch but I did change the rectangle so more of my background could show through.  

There will be lots more to see using these Blueprint Sketches so stop over to the MFT Blog for more inspiration.  So glad you stopped in today!  Have a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supply List: 


5 comments:

  1. This set MUST get off my wish list and into my cart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful background Laurie!! Delightful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Laurie! I've been eyeing MFT Blueprint dies for a long time but never really they had sketches, too. My problem is deciding which Blueprint to try first. Wouldn't it be nice to have an unlimited crafting budget?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm putting this stencil on my wishlist after seeing all the pretty colors you used here...I love your color palette and your crisp, clean execution...fabulous take on the sketch, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS