12/14/16

Mom & Me Valentine Inspiration...

Welcome to our third and final group post for the December Papertrey Ink Release.  Today's post is all about Valentines.  I love Valentines Day and when I get a chance to make Valentines with my kids, I love to pull out all my craft supplies and get to work.  Today, I have a quick and simple Valentine easy to mass produce and make with your kiddos.

Untitled

I cut the Tasting Tag die out with white card stock.  I used the solid heart die from Enclosed Heart for the next layer.  I die cut the heart, then I lined up the heart with the Tasting Tag and ran it through again so the stitching would line up.  I added in a large roll of Smarties with a bit of twine.

I used the new Dress Up Dolls: Puppy Love and did a little mirror image stamping to create a second puppy.  I colored them both with Copics and then added them to the tag.  That adorable sentiment also comes from Puppy Love.  To finish off the little Valentine, I added some Hawaiian Shores Ribbon and a little twine bow.  I also added some tiny hearts cut from glitter cardstock.  

Untitled

All of these steps would be so easy to create with your kids.  They would love to do the die cutting and even coloring the puppies!

The rest of the team will have some super cute Valentines to share today too.  Head on over to Nichole's blog to see a list of places to visit.  Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. So cute! What a great little valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet tag. You really colour well, Laurie. As a Canadian I need to point out that those are Rockets, not Smarties. Smarties are candy-coated chocolate pieces, similar to M&M's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Laurie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Valentines, Laurie! Such a clever use of the Tasting Tag!! Never thought I "needed" that die before---adding it to the wish list now! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY SWEET! I LOOOOVE Valentines for kids! THEY'LL LOVE THE CANDY TOO!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how CUTE!!! I love how you added the Smarties, and how you colored those darling pups...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS