5/12/12

Retro Sketches #11

Happy Saturday!  I can't believe we are at the weekend already!  I am setting this to post at about 8am.  I am probably garage saleling right now!  Our town has a city wide once a year and so we got out super early to find some deals.  Not that I need to bring someone else's junk into my house, but you know....

So this week's sketch is brought to you by Tracy Ercole.  HERE is her original card.  Here is my card based on Tracy's sketch...

IMG_6842_edited-1

I used my homemade foam clouds for the background with a little MFT grass.   Then some CSS clouds out of some fun patterned paper.  I added a sentiment in the place of the bow from the sketch.  Here is this weeks sketch...


Hope you all have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie! This card is really something special, I was so drawn to it, for the design, the colors, the fun paper piecing! Just beautiful! (I am so happy that I just ordered that MTFT grass die!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie this card is amazing and one I think I need to CASE. I love all the colours and that background you made is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous sketch and ever more fabulous card. It just scream summer time to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable...
    love this fun scene!!
    Those balloons are fabby in all their patterned paper yumminess!!
    Such a fun sketch...
    and such a fabby card...
    as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little scene. You had a great sketch to work with, and I like how you mixed it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two sweet balloons and your homemade clouds Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super adorable, Laurie! LOVE that big, dreamy sentiment! Happy yard sale-ing! Our city-wide sale was this weekend, too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just makes me smile Laurie! Happy Mother's Day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous take on the sketch! Love the balloons and twine for strings. Hope you were lucky and got some good deals and haggling at the garage saling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun bright & cheerful card! Love it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the sketch Laurie. It is fantastic, a very happy card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS