8/30/11

Sending you sunshine...

I got my craft room totally cleaned yesterday and then sat and stared....which I have been doing quite a bit of lately! So tonight after dinner I got several things done, cleaned up around the house and during all of this a card popped into my head! So I went down and made this....

IMG_2153_edited-1

I adore this new sunflower set from PTI!  And of course that little picket fence.  You may not be able to tell but I actually made the fence one piece...sort of...I took (2) 1/4" strips of Kraft card stock and adhered them to make one big fence panel.  I did that after running all the pieces through with the woodgrain impression plate.  I love the texture it adds!

IMG_2154_edited-1

Behind the fence, I stamped some grass from the day dreamer set, just to add that touch of green.  I popped the fence up on foam tape, as well as both flowers and some of the leaves.  That cloud background is airbrushed using my Copic system.  I am sort of addicted to that right now.  I have made quite a few backgrounds lately with those Lil' Inker clouds!  That gorgeous ink for the flowers and the grass is all from Amuse.....LOVE!  I used 2 shades of yellow for the flowers, Papaya and Buttercup.  The centers are of the flowers are Amuse Pumpkin and the grass is, well, grass (the ink color)!  :)  All of these are a perfect match for my PTI cardstock....Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse.

Not much is new here!  Just getting back into our school routine!  I am looking forward to getting some serious cleaning and purging done for my entire house!  We will see how that goes!  ;)

Hope to see you soon....crossing my fingers this little mojo stays intact!  hehe!

30 comments:

  1. So cute Laurie. Loving this bright summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond cute!! It's just perfectly awesome Laurie. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Laurie, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sweet and beautiful. I just ordered both the picket fence die and the sunflower images and die. After seeing your card, I'm really anxious to get my order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Laurie...I love how you used softer colors for the sunflowers...and all the texture is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love this little scene you've created! And the baker's twine is such a nice embellie! It really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mojo is rockin' right now! Love this little scene and the twine bow is the perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been doing a lot of staring at my craft desk lately too. This card is beautiful! That fab sunshine impression plate is on it's way to me. My first PTI impression plate, I can't wait! I love it with the orange, and the fence is fab too! Woodgrain might have to be my next investment. Beautiful card Laurie! It really brightens the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL is right! I love it! I gotta send you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is how a card is done! Amazing. The little touch of the grass behind the fence is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I love the picket fence die with the sunflowers! I have to try it. The colors are so sweet and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! What a happy card with that impressed background on the orange zest, the sentiment, and those beautiful flowers. The fence embossed with the woodgrain IP is just beautiful with that green grass behind it. Awesome job.

    Thanks also for your very sweet comment on my blog - I'm a huge fan of yours!! And not just because Cristina thinks you're tops in her book! You are extremely talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So perfect Laurie! This is just such a happy card! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like the mojo is back!!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie love your card! It's so fresh and fun! I wasn't a fan of the fence before but I am now! :> BYW Did you get an email from me today?

    ReplyDelete
  16. just beautiful! Love how cheery your card is with the fun flowers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those inks do look fabulous!! Too bad I don't know any Amuse consultants, (just teasing, we know LOTS now huh!). Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laurie I just love this card! It is so clever and gorgeous. I have been out of my scrap studio most of this month and have only managed to post some pictures of my busy-ness! I was looking for something get my mojo going again, love it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! So bright and cheerful! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is GORGEOUS!!! Oh my word!!! WOW! I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You, my dear, are "the master"! Anyone who can use that color of orange and make it look that amazing is is simply a star! I love the colors and the feel and just the bright fun cheeriness of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We already talked about this amazing card and how that pop of orange is so unexpected but BRILLIANT!!! Another Laurie favorite! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely sunshiney card - perfect to cheer a dull day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so adorable , wow I love this card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS