7/25/11

Gallery Idol-Round 3




Yeah I am pretty sure that it was me you heard! That was me screaming with excitement that I had made it to the next round! Thanks so much to everyone for keeping me around!

This week our challenge is fabric! I am excited to share with you a little quilting/card project! I wouldn't call myself a quilter but I do know my way around a sewing machine! :)  So here is my card for this week....

IMG_1810_edited-3

It was pretty easy to do! These little blocks I had from a project that I started years ago...I was going to make a quilt for my dtr and just never finished this one!  So I found a big pile of squares in my sewing box and went to work!

IMG_1793_edited-1

I sewed together several small blocks!  I adhered the finished quilt block to the face of my card with ATG.  I only ATG'd the seams so the quilt would have a "quilted" or "puffy" look from the face of the card.  Using a larger rectangle nestie, I made a window in another piece of white cardstock! After running it through my Big Shot with the Canvas Impression plate, I stamped the sentiment on vellum and attached that vellum strip to the back of the frame!  Then I put the frame on the face of the card  with Pop Dots!  

IMG_1795_edited-1

Last, I stamped a little duck image from PTI's Baby Bitty Blessings and added that to the vellum strip!  

IMG_1807_edited-1

I am so glad you came by today to see this next round of Gallery Idol!  I am still so honored to be here with these ladies!  If you would like to place your vote, click HERE!  I would really appreciate it! Have a great day!

28 comments:

  1. awesome card, Laurie!!! love your quilting!! great job with this round!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card Laurie - I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news on making top ten!!! Fabulous card today....I love the sweet quilted background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! Be sure that I'll be making one of these in the near future! Looks to me like you're a quilter ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Its so cozy and sweet, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet idea! I love the soft look of the "quilt"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Laurie a real cute quilt too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You see I foresaw that your card would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Laurie, this is perfectly sweet! I love the window and the block pattern! It's just such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done it again! So, so cute. I totally want to try this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastically cute and clean! A perfect representation of a baby's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect!!!! Love your quilted card....off to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the popped up panel and the stamping on vellum. You did a great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet, Laurie! You've got me looking at my fabric stash in a new way. Good luck in this round of voting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet, Laurie! You've got me looking at my fabric stash in a new way. Good luck in this round of voting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovin' the quilt concept you used! Your colors so pop...and your picture rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this card is simply darling!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is soooo adorable! Love the "window" with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, Laurie!! And I love blue and yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Adorable baby card-love the piecing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable!
    Love the "quilting"...
    perfect for baby!
    Another CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, love the quilted look on your card, super cute baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've used such adorable colors and the idea of putting it in the window is brilliant. I can't get over how awesome that sentiment looks stamped on vellum too, it's almost see thru. Good luck in this round!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You already know I think this card is a winner!! :) Very cute!! Good luck friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hehe.....ditto what Jen said!!! This card caught my eye as soon as I walked into your new crafty space! It is a winner in my book!! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS