Here is my card for today...
Can you see the faint polka dots on the side? I stamped them in Versa Mark and they are kinda hard to see in the picture! And some more of that Copically altered seam binding! This copic matched up perfectly to Melon Berry cardstock! I didn't color it in solid this time! I left some white streaks for a kind of distressed look!
I also embossed part of this brown paper bag with an embossing folder and then scored a line with my Scor-Pal right below it! Yes that is a brown paper bag!! It's kraft colored and thin so it embosses beautifully! Kinda fun!
So I get quite a few emails asking questions...mostly because I am so bad at supply lists! Sorry about that! I am really trying to do better! So I thought I would come and answer a few questions all in one place!
The number one question I get emails about, is how I take my pictures!
- Do I use a light box? Yes and no. I love natural light the most! If that is available then that is what I use. If not, I have a foam core light box and I use a lamp for light!
- What kind of camera do you use? I have a Canon Rebel T1i. LOVE.
- What kind of photo editing do you use? I don't. I do have Photoshop Elements but I use my pics SOOC (Straight out of the camera!)...except for cropping and watermark!
- What makes the reflection below my pictures? A good ole piece of acetate..which I don't use much anymore!
- Where do you get your Seam Binding? HERE...a great buy!! And so easy to make this Winter White color into what ever color you want! When you color on this with Copics you only have to color one side! Easy peasy! I even used my Airbrush system on the ribbon today! Makes a great soft look!
- How do you tie your bows? Practice? I love having a bow with a nice flat knot! I have been asked to do a video several times but I know Dawn McVey has a great video on tying bows! Her bows are always gorgeous! Check out her video HERE!
- How do you tie the bows where one tail is up and one is down! Basically when you get your bow tied, just fold one tail the opposite way of the other tail. Then put your fingers in each loop and pull tight! (I was going to take a picture of how I hold the bow and forgot too! I will do that soon!)
- Do you make your own blog headers? Yes I do! In Photoshop! It's pretty easy once you have it figured out and I hate the thought of paying someone else to do it! :)
- How do you get your impression plates to impress so well? I was told by my sweet friend Andrea, to mist the cardstock with water first! I have also recently found out that when I use Bazzill, I get a much better impression! It's a thinner weight cardstock!
Have a great day!
Supplies all PTI unless noted...
Stamps: Fresh Alphabet, Polka Dot Basics
Paper: True Black, Melon Berry and a brown paper bag :)
Ink: Versamark, True Black
Misc: Winter White Seam Binding, R22 Copic, Silver Pearls, SU Lattice Embossing Folder, Scor-Pal