12/29/10

My first Colour Q Challenge!

I have several blog friends who have been playing along with the Colour Q challenges lately!   I have been seeing some amazing color combo's and so I had to go and check it out! Here are this weeks Colour Q colors...



And here is my card....

IMG_9543_edited-1

These color are gorgeous but were definitely a challenge for me!  They work so well together though!  Once I picked my layout, they just fell together!

IMG_9549_edited-1

Thanks Arielle for a fantastic color combo!!

And last, I received this Stylish Blogger award from 2 very sweet blog friends, Kim and Stephanie!  These are 2 incredibly creative stampers and fellow PTI addicts!  Thank you so much girls for sending this my way!



 Rules that accompany this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this

2. Share 8 things about yourself

3. Pay it forward to bloggers that you have recently discovered

 
 
So here are 8 things about me:

1. I am a mom to a 6 year old and a very energetic 2 year old!  This takes up most of my day!  LOL!
2. I am an RN at a local clinic where I do Pre-Employment Physicals for companies in our area and I work 1 to 2 days a week!
3. Singing is NOT one of my talents, but I have been known to jam it out in the car!  Luckily my kids like loud music too!  (I love George Strait, Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Chris LeDoux...they go everywhere with us too!)
4. I am a neat freak.  Although this is really hard with that energetic 2 year old I mentioned above!
5. I really really want to move back to Colorado!  The only thing stopping me is my husband.  Someday I will change his mind!  (He has started to bend a little already although he has lived in the same 5 mile radius his entire life so I know it may be traumatic to him!  He will be OK though! hehe!)
6. I love pizza!  Way too much! 
7. I started scrapbooking in 1998ish.  I have been hooked on paper every since!  My friend Jen got me started with stamping in 2007ish.  I can't seem to stop!  It's an addiction!
8. I am a Christian!  We try to make God first and foremost in our family and home!

So next, I am supposed to "pay it forward" to bloggers I have recently discovered!  This is a hard one because there are so many crafty people out there!  I will pass this on to:

Cristina-She has a style that I LOVE LOVE!  Her cards are always stunning!  I love seeing what she has new everyday!

Brit-The sweets girl in the world!!  Her creations, both cards and layouts, are always so fun!  She has amazing videos over at her blog!  You must go and check her out! Me and Brit may or may not have a little something up our sleeves for the near future! ;)

Danielle-I recently found Danielle's blog and have been head over heals ever since!  Her coloring is amazing!  The CAS style of her cards is just gorgeous!!

So that is it for today!  Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!

36 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The colors are perfectly placed and your details are amazing. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Now that you're playing along, too, the rest of us will never win a Colour Q challenge! That's a gorgeous card. And you're so sweet to tag me. Oh, AND! You have a new photo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Laurie! LOVE that you're joining in! I just finished mine last night. Hopefully, I'll get it posted in the next couple of days. Arielle, always, has such fantastic, color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! The white gel pen really adds that extra special touch! Love the touch of green on the butterfly too! I mark this challenge every week but have never played along either. One of these days right...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, Laurie. I love the color challenge, but can't play along. I'm moving to Victoria, BC to be with my aging parents, and have no time. Besides, half my stuff packed. Thanks for passing along the blogs of those three wonderfully talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Laurie! I say that everytime don't I?! But seriously, your cards are amazing! So many different elements but perfect in every way...sigh, I wanna be like you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie, this card is stunning! like seriously stunning!! i just love these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Laurie! You have a wonderful design and all the elements are perfect! You used your colors well! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week. May your first time be one of many. Happy New Year.

    I love your list of 8 and moving back to Colorado would be a dream of mine as well. Colorado landscape has that effect on a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is beautiful!
    i LOVE that you are always using the older sets from PTI and inspiring me to keep using mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are always so cool and trendy. Just love your clean style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Laurie. You did a great job with the colours and I love the layout of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't Arielle have THE BEST colors! Your card just shows how fabulous they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card, and have saved it to case at a later date. I recently got that butterfly punch for Christmas... but can't get it to punch through anything thicker than copy paper.... what's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is a beauty! I hav nver tried a color challenge, but once again you have inspired me! I will have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laurie, this card is absolutely lovely! You rocked this challenge!

    I, too, have been seeing lots participate in this challenge, but YOU are the one that inspired me to join along. :) My card will be posted tomorrow....

    Thanks for being so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the random layers and textures on this!! Is that a Cricut-cut butterfly or a punch?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh such a lovely card and what an unusual color combo...but I love it! I do love that you impressed a strip of the black behind the flower block. So neat:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, I LOVE this layout and your flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! Thankyou so much! I have to admit that when I read your descriptions of the three blogs you'd linked to, I clicked on all of them... I just thought I shared my name with someone! LOL Your compliments mean so much to me, Laurie. Your blog blows me away! :-)

    And the card on this post is DIVINE. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely beautiful, Laurie! Love your layout and all of the subtle details!! It was fun reading the "8 things about you," too!! Great to learn more about you! I didn't know you were an RN!! And just so you know, our little stamping group is totally pulling for you to move back to Colorado too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful! I love, absolutely love, the polka dots in the background and those white dots sure make a card that is soo well thought out! See, I told you....you would use that butterfly punch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the different panels on this card and that butterfly die is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you win a prize for this! Your use of their colors is a real inspiration ~ you did a FANTASTIC job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. *swoon* Oh this is fab, fab, FAB!!!! Love the background stamping, the added 'pops' of white on your blooms, the butterfly - EVERYTHING!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO excited to see you playing along with the ColourQ! This card is totally fabulous, Laurie! Love the white accents on the flowers and the pop of green from the butterfly. You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card!!!! I love the all the simple layers and textures. Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this card is VERY popular, and I can see why===just gorgeous use of the CQC colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous use of the CQ colours!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous as always! Love the white on the flowers...the background is subtle, but yet it pups...and the texture on the back panel...love!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS