12/07/10

Monday Mojo 168

I needed some mojo in a bad way so where else better to go than the Monday Mojo sketch...


Then I looked around on the web and found an interesting, out of my comfort zone sort of color combo (burgandy, gray, black and light green) and this is what I came up with....

IMG_8826_edited-1


Here again, I colored some Etsy purchased wrinkle ribbon with a Copic. I laugh now because I haven't used any of the ribbon I purchased, in the original color! Every piece I have used has been Copically altered! LOL!  (If that is not a word...it is now!)

IMG_8827_edited-1


And don't laugh at this one...I was really close to my Chi...flat iron...and didn't want to turn on the regular iron! My Chi just flattened out the seam binding perfectly! If you heat it up and flatten it out it gets so nice and flat and makes a fabulous bow! (Although the bow on this card is not ironed...just the piece in the back!)

IMG_8834_edited-1


Yes I used Argyle again! Sometimes when you pull out a stamp don't you want to use it over and over? Maybe I will use it again tomorrow! ;)

Thanks for stopping! Have a great day!



22 comments:

  1. Awesome card Laurie! It is so elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card as always, Laurie! I LOVE that tip of using your straightener... I will most definitely use that in the future to get the creases out of ribbon. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, WOW!! That's all I have to say. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour combination - very rich looking and the bow is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a tool that you can use to for multitasking!!! I need wrinkle ribbon ASAP!!! Love the color combo!!! Beautiful Laurie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL...you are so talented Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Love that ribbon. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally mojo-licious card Laurie!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your color combo on this card, so rich! Love, love!! The design is so pretty and I'm not happy because I'm going to have to give into this "wrinkle ribbon" trend yet! STOP it!! LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is an usual color combo Laurie but I soo like! This is timeless and I LOVE the wrinkle ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fantastic job with that color combo! This is such a pretty card! And I love the wrinkle ribbon and how you colored it with your Copics---clever! Stop by my blog and check out my giveaway!! http://bellalistona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, Laurie! I often forget my argyle when perusing my arsenal of background stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really gorgeous card! THe colours are great together and the verse is wonderful,Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another argyle background used to perfection!!!! Your color combo is so lovely :) The bunched seam binding is so so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous!!! Love the colors & that beautiful bow. Congrats on the Mojo win:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! I love that you 'alter' your wrinkled ribbon too! I've been known to do that and finally just broke down and bought a spool of white seam binding so I don't have to bother with covering up another color. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS