7/12/10

Sew Lovely 2S4Y

Edit: So happy to say that my card made the top 10 over at 2s4y!  Thank you so much for chosing my card!!  I am so excited!

I thought I would sit down to create something today during nap time and immediately found the new sketch on 2 Sketches 4 You!  Love it this week!  Here is today's sketch....



I instantly thought of Lawn Fawn for some reason and I just had to use the dress form from Sew Lovely!


I used the flowers from the same set to make my own background paper!  Since I am Copically challenged this week I pulled out my Prismas and OMS to color!  I also made my own ribbon ruffle!  I took 1 inch white grosgrain, stitched down the middle and pulled the thread through until I had a nice affect!  Super easy!


The colors in my photo didn't turn out right!  IRL the dress, buttons and background paper are a perfect match!  Other than that, I thought it turned out to be a pretty fun card!  I would love to hear what you think! 

OH and I added the blog "Follower" tab on the side bar!  I would love to check out your blog!  If you would like to become a "follower" I can come and check your blog out too!

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Sew Lovely
Paper: PTI Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, True Black, White CS
Ink: True Black, Noir Palette
Misc: Raspberry Fizz buttons, Scrappers Floss, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Pearls, Pop Dots

30 comments:

  1. WOW Laurie, what a fun and FABULOUS card!! I love that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, this IS a fun card... I love that bunched up ribbon... I can't wait to try my hand at this sketch as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah....SHUT UP!! This is fantastic, Laurie! Your coloring is perfect and I {heart} the ruffled ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is sooooo lovely!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - super idea on the ribbon, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else, I love what you did with the ribbon! This is a great card! good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl!! how do u do it!! so simple and STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!!! I love nap times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew lovely, indeed! I love the little details, like the placement of the buttons and the little bling at the end of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your coloring! This is really pretty and I love the HB paired with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This color combo is GORGEOUS! I love that dress and the rouched ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the colors, your ruffled ribbon is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie--Love your ribbon ruffle.....if only I could sew!! You do wonderful things with this cute set!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SEEEEW cute (couldn't resist)! I love that ribbon treatment and your coloring is super fun! Love it Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty! LOVE the ruffled ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is WONDERFUL!! Love the black, lemon & pink color combo, and the ruffle is perfect :)

    ps: miss u more :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that ribbon effect! A must-try!
    I've had those copic days, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute. Love the ruffled ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous colors and ribbon treatment! I love that dress form image too! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is sew pretty! Love the colours and your colouring is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SEW adorable! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is sew lovely. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laurie, This card is perfect! I love the colors and the sentiment is SO perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card Laurie! Isn't Lawnfawn great?! Please visit my blog: macpuggy.blogspot.com.

    Thanks!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Laurie! Congratulations on being in the top 10 this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. CONGRATULATIONS! WOO HOO!
    Oh, and it's about time you added the follower gadget!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS