5/19/12

Retro Sketches #12

Happy Saturday!  I'm here today to with another Retro Sketch!  The original sketch is from Arielle and you can see her card HERE!  Here is my card for this week...

IMG_6892_edited-1

This little flower has to be one of my favorites!  I love the plaid and its even more fun combined with this color combo!  I embossed the background and then layered it with a little music.  I added in the leaves and the flowers subbed in for the ribbon on the sketch.  

Here is this week's sketch...


Hope you can join us!  Click here to go and link up your creation. 

Today I am off to go flooring shopping with my MIL.  Sounds fun right?  Right.  She is remodeling her kitchen/living room and so excited about it.  It's pretty fun to see!  My FIL passed away recently so it is nice to see her excited about something!  Then we are off to the water park.  The spray park in town opened yesterday and the kids are chomping at the bit.  I seriously have 2 fish in my house.  They LOVE the water!  And it's going to be hot, so why not right?  Ok, off to start the day!  Hope its a great one for you!

21 comments:

  1. I love the flower too!! And the colors...and the embossing...and the rounded corner... And

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO PRETTY Laurie! Love those little plaid flowers and your color combo. The music is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! The color layers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors, layering and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty...love the embossed background and those flowers are amazing...great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMWord, Laurie! Gorgeous! The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous color combo and great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful day out with your MIL. I'm glad to hear that she is out and about with you. I hated leaving my mom home alone after my dad passed away so I am sure she really appreciates you.

    Your card is fabulous in every way possible...color combo...texture...patterns...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I'm a big (silent) fan but I got to say I love this card. The layers, flowers, texture. Love it all! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!!
    The colors...
    those fabby plaid flowers...
    it's fabulous!! :)
    Hope you had a great time shopping and playing in the water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this! That little flower stamp is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card! Great colors and I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! Hope you had fun with family yesterday, too - sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! Hope you had fun with family yesterday, too - sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great colors and textures on this card. The plaid flowers give it a whimsical feel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are those plaid flowers! So cute! I like that you used black leaves too! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card Laurie, love the Flower Fusion accents.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another sweet card! Love it! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful flowers. lovely color combo. love embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, I really live the music background and those flowers x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS