5/15/12

God is our refuge...

I made this card quite some time ago but I hadn't used Mendi in forever (or Mindy as I like to call her) so I dusted it off to make this background...

IMG_6883_edited-1

I really wanted the background to show through, so I added this Verve scripture sentiment on a Mat Stack and kept it pretty simple so that the background could really stand out.  Most of those colors you see are Amuse (fantastic...yeah I've said it before!) inks except for the red which is PTI's Pure Poppy.  

Keeping this short and sweet!  Off to get my toes done today!  It's something my SIL and I do once or twice a month during the summer so we can have cute flip flop feet!  OK that and I like the hour of kid free time!  Just sayin.... ;)

Hope you are all having a good day so far!  Thanks so much for coming by!

19 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful, beautiful card! I LOVE the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous BG you've created and I just love that verse :) Enjoy the pedi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful!! Mindy has a twin sister who lives at my house...maybe she will be willing to help me make something as pretty as this card:) Happy Kidless Pedicure time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy is working her stuff on this beauty!!! Simply gorgeous, girlie!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gorgeous card! That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - your sentiment label IS a refuge in the middle of Mindy's busy-ness! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Laurie! This is my absolute favorite verse, so I'm a bit partial to this card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are just so creative and your color choices, awesome. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your universal appeal is evident in this card and everyone before it. ThIs is colorful, on trend, well designed, and well made. I could give this to someone both old and young, a CAS lover, but also one who makes elegant cards. I am not articulating well well what I am trying to say here, but I hope you get what I am trying to say here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh...all those colors with your gorgeous "Mindy" are simply fabulous! You are a design queen my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Did you just use the original *Mindy* or do you have the mega in there too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stamped background, Laurie! This card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these colors! I'm going to need a Mindy of my own! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the background you created!! That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful background, lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty! i love the bright colors and that sentiment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your background on this card! It's so interesting with the different designs and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laurie, this is beautiful in every way.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS