2/17/17

Awesome...Neat and Tangled

Hey there! I'm stopping in today with another card using the most awesome set from Neat and Tangled!  It's called just that....Awesome!  

Untitled

To create this card, I added some black striped washi to the card base. Next, I took a piece of vellum and added in the watercolored Seeing Stars die.  I also heat embossed the "looks good on you" in white embossing power.  I die cut the back layer of the awesome die in gold card stock and then added in an ink blended awesome on top.  (This makes me want to start singing Everything is Awesome from the Lego Movie....)  Last, I took the awesome sentiment and added it to the vellum with some foam tape for dimension.  To adhere the vellum to the card front, I took a piece of card stock with a "window cut out of it and used it as a mask for the back of the vellum and then sprayed spray adhesive just inside that window.  Using the adhesive this way lets the middle of the vellum sick down to the card front and lets the edges lift up for a layered look.  

Untitled

So that is it for today!  I hope you enjoyed my card and I hope your day is awesome!  Are you singing the lego movie song now? :)  See you soon!  

8 comments:

  1. So pretty Laurie, really love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Laurie! I love the softness of the vellum and the ombre effect you created with your sentiment ~ looks fabulous with the gold outline! Beautiful watercoloring on the stars, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card, Laurie! Great idea with the gold layered sentiment. Appreciate you explaining how you attached the vellum. You rock! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the inking, the vellum, the gold. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card!!!!! Love how you used the Washi tape and vellum

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS