3/30/15

Lucky me!!

Long time no see!  I finally sat down for the first time in a week or so, and made a card.  I have been on a little Spring Break vaca in Colorado with the family.  Incredibly needed and now I am feeling like I can tackle the rest of the school year.  The kids needed a break too and are currently in bed....but have told me many times they don't want to go back to school.  Well....I want them to go back to school.  :)

SO, on to the card....I found a little inspiration seeing my friend Heather's cards on Pinterest.  I can't link to just one but if you follow her blog, you will see what I mean.  I love how she used little splashes of stripes in her cards...either with washi or stamps.  I added a little washi, a little splatter and a little watercoloring all in one here....

IMG_0878

The butterfly die cut is from a Papertrey set called Life is Beautiful.  The sentiment is from Ellen Hutson called Fancy Thanks.  I added in some Copic Mist and some splatter and then added the stripped washi and gold sparkle washi to finish the card off.  

IMG_0887

OH and I almost forgot the butterfly.  I used some Tim Holtz watercolor paper and just did a little rainbow painting.  Then I used cut the die out and attached it to the card front.

So that is it for me today.  Lots of new and some news coming up soon!  Thanks for stopping in today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note....all of my Card Hanger Dies are back in stock....

IMG_9304
(the one pictured here is the Decorative style)

You can purchase your own in the side bar here on my blog----------------->
To learn more about my Card Hanger Dies click HERE.

Have a great day!



Supply List:


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Laurie! Love all the details.
    Glad you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love that colorful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have a break, but it's also good to get back to normal! Pretty card Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS