8/15/14

PTI Release in Review...

Have you enjoyed the August release over at PTI?  I am pretty excited to share with you, the rest of the cards I have for today's release in review.  It's definitely feeling a lot like fall on the blog for sure!

This first card was super easy to make...

IMG_0118

I used the Candy Corn die to make a little decorative vellum panel.  The candy pieces all stayed together when I cut it out, so i just added a little copic coloring right on top.  I added in vellum in the backgounrd and then popped it up on top of a little Super Stripes detail.  I stamped the sentiment, from Keep it Simple: Halloween in Versafine Black Onyx.  

IMG_0119


IMG_0116

This little tag comes to you from Happy Spooky Halloween and Haunted Borders.  I made a box the other day (click HERE to see) and I used that same paper that I made stamping the stars in white on black card stock for the bottom of this tag.  I masked off the edge of the pumpkins on the Haunted Borders so I could just use a portion of the border.  I stamped the sentiment from Happy Spooky Halloween on the top of the tag and finished it off with some twine.  

IMG_0117

IMG_0128

This little halloween treat was made using the new Along Came a spider dies and stamp set.  I stitched the spider in Smokey Shadow felt with black floss, right on to the vellum tag.  I heat embossed the sentiment using Filigree Embossing powder and attached it with a colic-colored, black clothespin to the burlap bag.  I am thinking perfect for another teacher gift this year!

IMG_0129

IMG_0138

I made these little place settings for Thanksgiving and am so excited to use them!  I used the Leaf Prints Stitched dies to create the patterned leaves, but instead of actually stitching the leaves, I used a black marker and linked the holes together.  I went on top of that with a Clear Gelly Roll sparkle pen to add some glitter.  I layered the leaves onto the leaf/acorn image from Autumn Adornments.  I stamped it directly onto the chevron bag in Fresh Show ink.  I used the "thankful" from the new Phrase Play die and then stamped "Happy Thanksgiving" from Keep it Simple: Thanksgiving.  I added in plastic silverware and napkins.  I think these will look so pretty laying on the plates for thanksgiving.

IMG_0139

IMG_0234

This last card showcases the new Birthday Classics" September.  I stamped the main image on some Terrecotta Tile card stock and the die cut it with a Leaf Prints die.  I stamped another image on the rectangle of the same card stock and layered them up with foam tape.  I used some Ripe Avocado Bitty Boxes paper and some Autumn Abundance papers and layered them all up on top of the Burlap impressed, kraft card base.  I finished it off with a little twine bow.

IMG_0235

I am sitting here typing this up while I watch My Big Family Renovation on HGTV.  Have you seen it?  I adore Jen Hatmaker and her blog....and now her TV show.  So if there is typos in this post...I'm sorry!  I am watching and typing at the same time. lol!

Well, I hope you like my cards today.  Are you ready to shop?  :)  Stop in and tell me what is on your wish list so far.  Stop over to Nichole's blog to see what the rest of the team has for today.

Thanks for stopping in!

17 comments:

  1. Love the idea for place settings! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these, Laurie! The last one is so perfect. Great color choices and great design. That stamp set is definitely on my "to get" list. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects rock. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thankful card is lovely.
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to let each of us know what to bring!! Oh. What time is Thanksgiving dinner?
    Love every little think about this post...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fabulous projects, Laurie! I especially love the place settings you made -- they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! I love the new phrase play die and the autumn adornments stamp set!!! I will need to check that show out! Love me some HGTV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all your samples this month! (as I do every month!)
    love the halloween twine! I need some. and I need that candy corn die cut. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your place setting project. I am hosting our family's Thanksgiving this year so getting a jump on a project like this is perfect. Thanks for the ideas Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How absolutely cool to use a leaf die cut as the raised portion on the last card. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each one is so lovely. Of course I just adore the candy corn one...Can never get enough of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...these are all so cute and pretty, Laurie! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word. You got me with that Candy Corn Collage and had me through the very end. I LOVE them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurie, your projects for the release have been just outstanding as always! I really love the thanksgiving place setting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful projects today! I too especially love the place settings. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving these! I adore the candy corn die cut and the stitched spider, and that last card, LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful group of cards! I adore the pop of candy corn colors on the gray.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS