8/13/14

Introducing Fancy That...

Hey there!  It's time for our group post over at PTI.  Today we are all showcasing a new set called Fancy That.  I love this set.  A lot.  There are several gorgeous medallion images and some amazing sentiments in a beautiful handwritten font.  Our challenge for today was to make 2 cards.  One CAS and one a little more elaborate.  First off, the elaborate card...

IMG_0181

I scored a grid in the background of the card on the diagonal, every 2".  I stamped the images in each square down the middle, after spritzing each stamp with water for a little more watery stamped image.  I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and added that in last.  



IMG_0185

This is my super easy, CAS card...

IMG_0182

I stamped off the brushed image from Watercolor Wonder in Berry Sorbet and then added in the medallion image in a stamped off Smokey Shadow.  Last, I added in the sentiment in black.  Super easy and VERY easy to remake!

IMG_0184

I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT has up their sleeves for today.  Check them out by stopping by their blogs...

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Laura Bassen
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell


Hope to see you back here tomorrow!  Have a great day

14 comments:

  1. Both are lovely!! Such an elegant set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful, but your second one is spectacular! Elegant and CAS all at once. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards. I LOVE how you are always adding score lines to your cards. It adds such great texture. I wish I could remember to do that!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks like a mosaic tile! I love it! Really love this new set! Another must have from Papertrey Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to get this set! I am loving these medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both. Scoring between the medallions is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are wonderful Laurie, LOVE the score lines on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like both of the cards. So many great little touches in the first and the splash of pink in the second is sheer genius!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS