11/04/12

Sending Warm Wishes...

Just stopping in with a quick one today.  I'm in the mood for fall, you?  We had some amazingly gorgeous leaves in Kansas this year.  This is my favorite time of year for sure!  So here is another fall card for you!  :)

IMG_8667

I am loving this Hero Arts Envelope Background....a lot.  I've had it for quite some time and just keep reaching for it.  The leaf is from a CTMH set called Many Thanks.  I've had it for awhile too and I just love the leaves.  I stamped this one with Pumpkin Spice Versa-magic and the went around the edges of the stamp in Red Brick Versa-magic.  After I didn't get a complete stamped image, I went to stamp another one and then decided I liked the distressed look of this one.  I went ahead and cut it out, added some twine to the stem and the attached it to the card front with foam tape.  I tipped up the edges of the leaf for a little dimension.  I had to add bling and of course that sentiment, from Tami Mayberry's set, Simple Snowflakes.

My husband took the kids out for awhile so I have the house to myself.  Silence is bliss.  That's all I have to say about that.  ;)

Hope you've had a great Sunday!  Thanks for stopping in!

16 comments:

  1. Well you had me when I saw the leaf-love, love leaves. Of course they go with my favorite time of year (fall) and my favorite colors too. Yes, I agree the leaf looks great kinda distressed looking, glad you opted to keep it that way. Laurie, your cards are just so beautiful-I always learn a lot from your creativity!
    These days I get plenty of silence (no kids or grandkids close by) :( but I sure do remember the days when my hubby would take all three of them off to the park or some such place...silence was bliss for sure! Enjoy your blessed blissful silence while it lasts!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bit is twine is awesome...fab fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sparse ink look too it looks like a fading leaf! And the stem wrapped in twine is a pretty accent, hope you enjoyed your moments of bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that envelope pattern background stamp, too! I don't use it enough. :-)

    Your leaf is perfect as it is! I'm glad you left it. The whole card is gorgeous, Laurie, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought that envelope background stamp because of the beautiful cards you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never met a maple leaf I didn't like...okay...maybe the soaking we ones on the grass I have to rake up LOL! Great card and glad you had some blissful mommy time today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never loved silence so much as I do now that I have kids!

    I LOVE this card... the pearls are the perfect accent to bring the whole thing together. It's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! I love the that background! LOVE IT! I'm good friends with Jinny Newlin and she turned me on to your blog! I love it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so pretty! I love the background, and the scattering of pearls is a perfect touch!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a admirable post. Acceptance for the share. It was complete arresting and informative.
    Gebelik

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous card! I love the pearl placement and that is my FAV background stamp ever. It's just enough to break up the background but not overwhelm. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and warm card Laurie. Love that big sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is acutely a acclimation to apperceive about this. I feel you bogus some able believability in actualization also.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS