9/22/12

Retro Sketches #30

Hello!  It's time for another Retro Sketch!  This one is a CAS sketch from Wendy's original card you can see HERE.  You know  how I always have to change things up a little.  There is a cute banner at the top of the sketch but I switched it out with a word.  Always changing things up, I know!  

Here is my card...

IMG_7989

I used my Cameo to make this little hello file.  I also made a video on how I did this.... but I have this phobia of sharing videos.  :)  I ran the whole piece through with the Linen Impression plate after I cut it out and then added one more layer, impressed that as well, just for a little more dimension.  I stared at this card forever thinking about what I needed to add to it.  Then I thought I should go back to square one.  Then I decided to go ahead and use it and leave it alone.  Plain?  Needs more?  Any thoughts?

ETA: OK I got a few emails....I am adding in my video!  I hope its helpful to some of you!  Its super simple!



Here is today's sketch...

rs30

I hope you can join us!  Go check out the Retro Sketch blog to see what the other girls have made up for us and then link up your creation too!

Thanks for stopping in!

21 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, this is really PRETTY Laurie! What a cool look to have the word welded to the square. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your video was perfect! You're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the word up top! Such a great take on the sketch. A button or bow came to mind, but not being a CAS expert and having fought with a card for 1.5 hours yesterday to try to achieve the CAS look not sure any opinion I give would be worth it LOL!
    Have a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' how you changed this sketch up! Such a sweet card!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely in pink Laurie! I love the die cute "hello" so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! And once again, you and your cameo!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurie I love the welded design you created. I have been playing with that feature this week. This is such a simple yet stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems to be missing something, darned if I know what! ;) Love that patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. doesn't need anything else-it is gorgeous and really original.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a trendy card!! I love that the hello is attached to the cardstock, how neat :) I'm refusing to watch the video, though...I don't want convince myself that I need a cameo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HELLO - I Love this!!! Pretty colors and I love the linen embossing. I think this is beautiful as it is. I don't think it needs anything more but I know it's hard to do that ;)

    Love your video too! I just got a Cricut so I'm looking forward to being able to create some fun cards with die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Really like the DP in the background! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apparently, I need to come for a visit to see how this thing works in person! LOVE this card Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laurie I love what you did with your Cameo!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS