9/15/12

Retro Sketches #29

This weeks sketch is from one of my past cards.  I had fun making the original and I had more fun re creating it.  Here is the sketch...on it's side...

IMG_7932

Those little vellum pockets, I made using my Cameo.  They are actually CD holder pockets and I shrunk them down to 1"x 1" square.  I glued the side shut with Glossy Accents.  You can't even see the glue through the vellum.  Then I added these little Clear and Simple hearts from the Wrap-A-Round set along with a Love sentiment from the Cake Decorating set.

Here is this week's sketch...

rs29

Head on over to the Retro Sketches blog to see what Arielle and Kasia have made for us.  Don't forget Wendy is our headliner this month and she has a super cute take on this sketch to share too!

Hope you are having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!



24 comments:

  1. Mini CD holders!!?? What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laurie, I love this sketch and your card. I will have to try glossy accents with my vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! I LOVE those vellum envelopes!! Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE those darling, vellum pockets, girl! And the color palette is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so neat! I love how one heart is out of the little sleeves! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card!! :) Laurie, if I'm not mistaken, I would have to say your trying to brainwash me into buying a cameo!?! lol I hear so much about it, I'm starting to feel like, I now need one! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Laurie. ;-) I love the colors and those adorable little pockets for the hearts. Very sweet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wished you lived next door so that I could come take personal Cameo lessons from you...I love all the things you are making from it! Your card is adorable Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so cute!!! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the vellum pockets! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so super cute and a great idea for the cameo! Great to know that the adhesive doesn't show through!!! Woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Fantastic! Another pinned fave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE these clear teeny tiny envelopes!! Sweet card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a sweet card. I love those tiny envelopes. I remember that original card. I remember casing it, too. How fun that it is now a sketch, and if I get enough time, I will CASE it again. My youngest daughter has her Bat Mitzvah in 3 weeks, so I have not been doing too much crafting. Need to make her a card, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet! Love how you turned the sketch and those little envelopes w/the hearts inside are cute! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I like the impressed stripes on the white panel the most! (but those mini envies are pretty darn cute too!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has got to be one of the cutest cards I've seen in a very long time. Love the little pockets and hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remembered the original and I love your remake.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS