9/01/12

Retro Sketches #27

It's Saturday already!  And September first!  Is anybody else losing time?  I can't believe that its going by so fast.  School is in full swing and my kids are getting taller and I wish it would just slow down! :) 

So here we are with another fabulous sketch.  Here is my card for the week...

IMG_7868_edited-1

I used a fun little Silhouette shape for the focal point, along with a sentiment from the latest Verve release.  I layered it on top of some Washi tape.  I simplified a layer in the sketch, adding the chevron detail and the sentiment all in one layer.  Super simple!  

Here is today's sketch...

rs27

You must go check out the Retro Sketches blog to see Arielle's and Kasia's cards.  We have a new headliner this month too!  Wendy Fredrick will be hanging out with us.  I can't wait to see her creations!  Please forgive me for not adding links.  I am blogging from my phone this morning.  I will stop back soon and add them in.  

Thanks for coming by today.  Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Love it...awesome use of the washi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that chevron curves with the kraft panel. LOVE that washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that quote!!! and the clean and simple affect of the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous quote and love the your CAS take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping you were going to tell me that you used a die to make that cut! I love this, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie, such a sweet card and love, love how you used the Washi Tape, just too clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute card! love the cut-outs on the kraft! the washi tape is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS