9/20/12

Fall Fun...

This week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge is one of my favorites.  I think because the weather has been so hot, I am ready for Fall....and the challenge is all about Fall.  SO, here is my card for this week....

CAS-ual Fridays


I am ready for these fall colors and the cool air, sitting on the deck, bar-b-ques.  Yes.  Favorite time of year hands down!   

My card was pretty easy to make.  I just took 4 colors of Versa-magic and sponged them in layers on the card base, masking of the top and sides so it only colored where the leaves would be.  Then I cut this image out with my Cameo....I got it from the Silhouette store....and then ran that top piece through with the woodgrain plate.  I added a little WMS sentiment from Teeny Trees on vellum to finish it off.  I am so in the mood to make some more fall type cards!  I can't wait to see yours.  I hope you can play along and link up this week!

cfc71

Check out the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see more Fall projects and check out our sponsor for this week!

Thanks for coming by today!  :)

33 comments:

  1. Really beautiful design. Clever use of Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again...rocking the Cameo...stunning design Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laurie, this is beautiful! I just love the colors you chose and the fact that they peek through the leaves you cut. Then the vellum on top is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning - I thought you'd used fabric under the die cut...the colours look so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful fall card, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunner, Laurie! I love everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this card - so simple but high impact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the die over the sponging! Reminds me of little smooth stones, too. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT card ~ love the cut out and sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, look at that gorgeous gradient. Love it. (p.s. these match the colors at The Play Date Cafe this week too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. W O W! Such a stunning card!
    I love the negative space and the sponging!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oodilaley!! This is gorgeous! Happy fall ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic technique and result you achieved here! Your card is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is soooo awesome on soooo many levels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just beautiful. Mmm, color gradations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Love the cut out!
    Have to be honest I'm not ready for this weather! Had to actually turn the heat on tonight. YUK! LOL!
    Have a great weekend! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so cool Laurie, you made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. saw this on the site and immediately had to pop over to your blog to see how you did it-love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Love the gradation of color.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is really gorgeous Laurie! I LOVE it. Sooo pretty and amazing! And such lovely fall colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How did I miss this one? It's so beautiful. The vellum really adds a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card! The versa-magic colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laurie.....GORGEOUS! I love this to pieces! ROCK that Cameo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful card....I love the cutouts!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS