6/09/12

Retro Sketches #14

Happy Saturday!  I am here today with another round of Retro Sketches!  This weeks sketch is brought to you by...me!  You can see my original card HERE!

Here is take 2...

IMG_7019_edited-1

I made my own pattern paper by stamping on pattern paper.  I am going to guess that this may be the first time I have done this.  It was hard for my one track mind to do.  But I did.  And then I embossed it!  The shape is SU's Top Note die.  I remember when that thing came out I HAD to have it!  I still really like it but I don't use it as much as I used to!  I added a little scripture from PTI and a bow!  

Here is the sketch...



I can't wait to see your take on this sketch!  I hope you can play along!  Go link up your creations HERE!  You can check out Arielle, Kasia and Jackie's creations while you're there! 

A big thank you to all the amazing support I received over this last week!  So many emails and notes and I am just speechless!  I am truly honored to have made it to the Top 20 of Gallery Idol.  I made 19 new amazing friends and we have had a blast in our own little Facebook group chatting it up this week!  I can't wait to see what they have for us in this next round!  

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Laurie~ I thought it was printed paper until I looked more closely. I love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lauire! Love your pretty embossed label!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Isaiah verse...Lovely card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Laurie and that is one of my life scriptures!! Love the patterned paper you "made":)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Laurie! The scripture totally takes the cake for me! And another HUGE congrats on your Top 20 finish! What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun sketch, Laurie :) Can't wait to play along again. Well done on the Top 20! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch and wonderful card Laurie, your take on sketches is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love that scripture, it really goes so well with your stunning stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! Love the sentiment! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on your own design. Sometimes it's difficult to CASE your own. Love how the verse takes center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty! I love the embossing...it looks so nice! And I love the Scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the addition of the embossing over your stamping is stunning! Cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great sketch! So many ways to use it... And everything you did with that paper was worth it...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS