10/03/11

Lawnscaping October Guest Designer

**This is my second post for the day! Scroll down to see my DeNami Color Challenge post!**

I am so excited to be jumping into October with my first post as Guest Designer over at Lawnscaping!  I am a big fan of Lawn Fawn stamps and so I am pretty excited to create along with the DT challenges!

First up...layers and dimension!  Here is my card...

IMG_3340

I have lots of dimension going here, starting with the first layer of Aqua Mist card with foam tape.  Then I attached the clouds with some more foam tape.  And then I used a pop dot for the pinwheel, so it would be just a little higher than the clouds!  How is that for dimension?  I used 2 Lawn Fawn sets here.  The clouds are from Bon Voyage.  The pinwheel and sentiment are from Cruising Through Life.

IMG_3341

Here is a closer picture of the layers.  I used some black Twinery twine for the pinwheel stick and a little red pearl for the center.  

Here is this weeks challenge info...


Here is this weeks sponsor...

Photobucket

Can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks again for the girls over at Lawnscaping for inviting me along this month!  Have a great day!



23 comments:

  1. Oh Laurie, this is dimension at it's best! I think you did amazing with this challenge. I love the twine and that you used the pinwheel for a kite!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is AWESOME Laurie!! Really really love it!!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! congrats on your guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? The layering/dimension you created is fabulous! I'm in love Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is SO cute. I love the colors, the patterned paper, and those clouds and pinwheel are adorable! Congrats on the Guestie spot. They, obviously, know talent when they see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so cute Laurie! LOVE the layout and those fun patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable, I love your take on the challenge! SO excited to have you guest designing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, I love Lawn Fawn too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ACK! I love this love love love! So glad you are guesting with us this month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing card, Laurie, super duper FUN FUN FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous way to use that pinwheel! And congrats on the guest designer spot -- I can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fantastic way to put the pinwheel on your card. Colours and dimention are fabulous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally adorable...love the dot paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definitely have the layering "down pat"! Great job of the challenge! Congrats on the DT spot! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the GDT spot! The colors and design you used are so fabulous. Your cards always amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being a guest DT for Lawn Fawn! Very well deserved!
    And your card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So bright and happy and fun! LOVE the way you turned that pinwheel into a little kite! And congratulations on your GDT spot over at Lawnscaping! Woohoo! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute!! I love the pinwheel flying high in the clouds and also love the aqua panel popped up with the cloud hanging over!! The twine is a fabulous accent too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Laurie, I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
    How creative and so beautifully done. Please take a look on my Blogspot.
    Hugs from Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on being a GT over at the Lawnscaping Blog! Love your 3D card! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS