10/13/11

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #24

This weeks CAS-ual Friday is really fun!  Make a Halloween card with NO orange!  Here is my non-orange card...

IMG_3395_edited-1

This card was super duper easy!  I took PTI's Smokey Shadow cardstock and ran it through using the Linen side of the impression plate.  (I say that A LOT don't I?)  But before I put the paper down on the plate, I gently rubbed Fresh Snow Ink on the top....gently....very.  THEN I ran it through and I think it looks so fun! And then there is that little ghost!  I have said before I am not a Halloween type girl...but I am sorta diggin' my ghost here!  I drew him and then cut him out and gave him eyes!  I popped him up on pop dots and added a  Harold's Alphabet "Boo!".  OH and I rounded a corner...I say that a lot too!  :)

Here is this weeks challenge...


Can't wait to see your creations!  Go check out the CAS-ual blog to see some more NON-orange Halloween cards and to check out the prize for the week!  Our sponsor is Clear Dollar Stamps!

Thanks for coming by!

28 comments:

  1. I'm diggin' him, too! You are such a clever girl - REALLY love the effect of the faint white on the dark gray background. It almost looks like a scary, staticky movie - KWIM? Genius, girlie - shear genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, it's so simple and yet so - well - ghostly!
    Orange is not missing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! I'm digging your ghost too! Love what you did with the linen impression plate! The touches of white are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest card EVA!!! I love the white ink on that IP! Seriously, this is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you inked the impression plate slightly and the ghost is so cute, love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to add depth to the card base--the inked impression looks great. Love your hand-drawn cutie of a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tough challenge but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ghost! He is so cute! You did a great job with the background. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Casper! LOL! This is so simple and outstanding! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute little ghost - nice CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this is adorable and PERFECT! LOVE, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute to spook Laurie!!!! Adorable little ghostie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh... too cute! Great CAS!! Gonna look around a bit and add you to my google reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is the best ghost card ever! Love how you did that background with the impression plate and white ink.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovin' that technique you used to create the background!!! Very cool! And your little ghosty is super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card!!! Your ghost reminds me of Linus in Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin Escape! TFS! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm diggin your ghost too Laurie! With a few little dust swirls he could be pigpen from the Charlie Brown cartoon; you know the great pupmkin one LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card totally made me smile. And I needed a smile today. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The letterpressing is great with this! It gives that cardstock a super fun look! Your handcut ghost is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What is it with that impression plate? I think I need to attend an addiction clinic for it - I can't stop using it either and now I've seen your gorgeous results from inking it I'm in deep!!!
    A seriously fabby orange-less Halloween card - totally spooktacular!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is adorable! Love that little ghost and I must ask where do you get this linen impression plate you keep referring too, I think I must have one! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is good to show ghost image in front of black color,it really helps to understand the theme of card.
    plastic discount card
    PVC cards

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS