8/01/11

DeNami Sketch Challenge

I am here with my second post of the day!  Scroll down to see my Clear and Simple Release!  

I am here today with DeNami's Sketch Challenge!  Here is Nami's sketch...


Here is my card using this sketch...

IMG_1874_edited-1

I used DeNami's Flip Flop Border for the focal point!  I stamped the image on a rectangle Nestie and then colored the flip flops in with Copics.  I used Medium Bold Hibiscus for the background stamping it with PTI's Fresh Snow!  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on a little tag and attached it with twine to give it a little Luau feel!  I live in flip flops...so this card is ME!  :)


IMG_1870_edited-1


Stop by the DeNami blog to see all the other fabulous sketch cards!  Also check out the challenge details and see about the prize they are offering!!

That's it for today!  Thanks for coming by!  And I just have to add a quick shout out to my Paper Doll friends!  They are SO incredibly sweet to be doing a little blog hop for me!  I truly am in shock!  Click HERE to check it out!  You girls are so sweet and I am SO lucky to have such an amazing support group!!  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!  

19 comments:

  1. Oh how fun Laurie! I love those colorful flip-flops! The Kraft panel with the hibiscus flowers in white is a perfect touch! Great work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flippin' love this card, Laurie! (sorry poor pun!) love the fresh snow stamped ont he kraft - scrummy!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I flippin' love this card, Laurie! (sorry poor pun!) love the fresh snow stamped ont he kraft - scrummy!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background! I'm filing that away in my brain for future use. I'm not big on flip flops (although these are super cute I must say) I don't wear them, I didn't even own a pair until we went to Florida last year and I thought I should get some for the pool. That is when I discovered I am flip flop challenged. I couldn't walk in them, they kept falling off, or I would trip...ugh! I looked like someone who had never walked before! But it gave my husband a good laugh more than once. Oh well, they aren't for everyone. :) I'll stick to the stamped kind rather than the real ones. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much FUN!!
    Those little flippies...
    love flippies...
    live in them for most of the year...
    they are so adorable!
    Truly adorable, fun card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I instantly fell in love with this, Laurie. I love the subtle hibiscus background, and the addition of twine was PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute!! I love the white on kraft background. It reminds me of some wrapping paper that I recently bought and really like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flip flop card! Super cute and summery. Sweet of the Dolls to honor you, such great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the popped up layers Laurie! I really really like this Hibiscus stamp....Hmmm....I should have borrowed it last week! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this card is so refreshing. Kinda like a glass of lemonade on a hot day. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous BG stamping here Laurie...those hibiscuses (hibiscii?)are just the prettiest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors on this but did you cut all those flip flops out by hand!?#@?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great card, love the colours and I LOVE the little flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Laurie!!! Love those flip-flops! Your colors are AMAZING!!! CAS in pure, AWESOME Laurie-style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so bright and fun! I LOVE it!!! The twine with the little tag and sentiment adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun card Laurie! The colors are sooooo yummy! They remind me of sherbert and I'm getting hungry now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun and summery color combo to go with those flip-flops!! GREAT take on this sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS