11/27/10

Throw another log on the fire....

Here today with another customer request...which I can totally relate to! She wanted a card using Wood grain that somehow looked like, well....wood! LOL! We have a wood burning stove and it heats our entire house during the winter! So, I thought why not use the wood pile for some inspiration and make a log and put in on a card! (It's OK to laugh....it sounds strange to me too...now that I actually typed it out!)

So here is my log....card...:)

IMG_8652-1

I used the "letter press" technique here again. I used Burnt Umber palette and rubbed it all over the Wood grain IP! Ran it through the Big Shot and gave it the "chopped" look!  Then I used TH's distress inks to give it a more dried, aged look!  Kinda' woodsy, kinda' homespun, kinda' unique I think!  OH and Ted....here is another of my favorite 3-color-combo, combos!  ;)  Love brown, ivory and red!

IMG_8654-1

Glad you came by today! You will have to tell me what you think! Hope your Thanksgiving day was great! (I am still stuffed!)

28 comments:

  1. Wow Laurie this is fabulous! It really looks like wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, So stinkin' creative you air...I love how you really made this look like real wood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic Laurie! I love the colour combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Certainly looks like real wood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure why but all of a sudden I feel all warm and cozy inside ....... :) LOVE IT GIRL!!!! You are one smart girl~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ted isn't the only one who'll like these colors!! I LOVE 'em! Great card, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure crafty genious my friend! I L.O.V.E. this card! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cool..and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is super cool, Laurie! I love how you made the woodgrain look SO real. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie, this is just gorgeous! I wouldn't dare laugh at your inspiration. Look what you got out of it! Completely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how cute is this?! Love it, Laurie! You are one creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you showing off! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post made me laugh! You're too funny! This is a fun card! I love the letterpress look on this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea and can't wait to try it! With proper credit, of course... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the wood background! Can't wait to use this idea on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome and so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is VERY realistic Laurie! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning Laurie, love the woodgrain background the the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, that's amazing - I thought it was a piece of thin balsa wood or something! I keep meaning to try that inking technique but have never gotten round to it - this has spurred me on!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool idea! I love how you distressed the wood by cutting the edges. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Again, you're a genius....what a great pile of logs! I love the color combo too! Fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laurie I LOVE it! What a GREAT idea!!
    Have a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kind of unique?! It's absolutely brilliant!! I love, love, love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a great job, I'm sure your client was THRILLED! Makes me wish we had a wood burning fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it is hilarious that you took paper, made FROM wood, and made it look LIKE WOOD!!! Great job!!!! It's the perfect log.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS