11/02/10

Embellish Vintage Color Challenge

Just stopping in today with a card for the Embellish Challenge...

I love these colors!  I didn't know how exactly I would use them....but I love them!  Even that orange color!  If you follow my blog, you may know how orange is a challenge for me!  But I think I did ok with it this time...what do you think?

IMG_7896

I took some light green ribbon that I got from someone on Ebay and colored it with a darker green Copic!  I love how Copics can give you whatever color embellishment you need on a moments notice!

IMG_7898

I don't think the picture shows it well but I added some clear Spica to the flourish.  It looks so pretty IRL!

Thanks for coming by today!  Hope its a great day!



Supplies all PTI unless noted

Stamps: A Little Argyle, Fancy Flourishes, Vintage Picnic
Paper: Harvest Gold, Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream
Ink: Burnt Umber Palette, Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye
Misc: Crumpled Ribbon, Copic, Spica Glitter Pen, Silver Pearls, Twine, Apron Lace Fiskars Punch

22 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think these colors look great together on your card. Great layout..I really like the way your second panel is so much smaller than the first. That looks really cool especially since it is popped up. Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Laurie! Love how you changed the color of your ribbon! I never think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Ok Job??? This is gorgeous and I think you used the colors perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you think this is "okay"!! It is so beautiful! I also love the way you take pictures.....looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, this is beautiful! It's clean and simple yet it has striking intricate details - my kind of card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great simple layout, turned vintage! Thanks for joining the Embellish vintage color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really nailed the challenge Laurie!! love how simple it is, its pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really used that orange well Laurie! This card is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous...love what you have done with the ribbon and i see some shimmer on the flourish:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Great job with orange! You don't seemed very challenged by it to me. Love how you customized the ribbon! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks pretty on screen too. LOL
    I love the green seam binding folded like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job with this challenge. I love all the little details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laurie.........This is just beautiful! I love your use of color and your ribbon is so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! So elegant, and yet rustic in a way, too. Love the ribbon and the scalloped border and the twine all together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing card - I really like that argyle background and the colours work great together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laurie this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the color combo!! Great job!
    Have a NICE day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous job Laurie!!! What a great take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors and how you mixed them in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and use of these fall colors! Love the twine over the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous job with the challenge and with the color orange! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very calm, soothing colors. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS