11/28/10

DIO Friday and Jay Gee's Challenges!

Hello everyone! I have a card today for a couple of different challenges! Both challenge blogs are pretty new so go and check them out!

The first is my blog friend Stacy! We go way back to our days with TAC! ;) She has a terrific CAS style that I love!! Here challenge is called Dig it Out Friday! You can see her latest challenge HERE!


Stacy has a great color challenge for us this week! Of course, it is my favorite color combo! I have used it alot lately! :)


And the next challenge is Jay Gee Nook's Challenge #2! Here is her inspiration picture....


So of course the 2 challenges go hand in hand! Here is my take on both...

IMG_8679

I have been holding on to this ribbon forever!  I love the "homespun" feel of it!  When I saw Jay Gee's challenge, I knew I had to pull it out!

I used one of the circles from Borders and Corners, and was happy to see that it fit perfectly with the Limitless Labels circle!

IMG_8675

All the distressing is with Tim Holtz Tea Dye and the little applicator tool!  I can't get enough of that thing!  I love the soft look it gives the edges of the card!

IMG_8680

I really should be cleaning my house!  I am kidless at the moment though so I am taking full advantage!  And boy did I need some quiet!  :)

Have a great afternoon!



Supplies all PTI unless noted...

Stamps: Signature Christmas Greetings, Text Style II, Circle Borders and Corners
Paper: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream
Ink: Tim Holtz Tea Dye, Burnt Umber Palette
Misc: Wilton Doily, Misc Plaid ribbon, Limitless Labels Die, Pure Poppy Buttons, Twine

35 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Laurie! Oh my goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I almost forgot. I also love your pictures! They're always consistent! How do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a very pretty card...would you please tell us how you tied such a pretty bow?!! I can never get mine to look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laurie this is just awesome! I love love love it! The ribbon, doily and kraft are just all together awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card!!!! I couldn't possibly love it more!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Laurie and it is perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us :) Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Laurie! Love the addition of the text in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful Laurie! Love the vintage feel you've created here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so very pretty, Laurie. I love the ribbon especially!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty girl! I love the doily and ribbon!! It has the perfect balance of color and I really like the distressing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie, I love this card... red, white and kraft - I may have to try this! Great addition of the doily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the inspiration photo tucked away in my inspiration file. It's so warm and inviting, with a gift inside you know will be perfect. You've managed to capture the very same feel with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous, Laurie! I'm so in love with the limitless layers dies from PTI. They're my favorite! The doily is so perfect. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the homey feel of this one... You nailed it, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, Laurie. This color combo is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Laurie..... I do love this color combo!!! You always make everything so beautiful~~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly beautiful Laurie. Such a lovely feel to the card IYKWIM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous, Laurie!!! Love the gingham ribbon and the homey feel of your card. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laurie this is BEAUTIFUL!! Looks like 2 FUN challenges!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the distressing...makes the kraft look like a a sugar cookie that is perfectly browned on the edges...yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty Laurie! I've picked up some doilies but have yet to use them - thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card reminds me of an old grandma's kitchen (which is a high compliment, you really achieved that look with this!) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the warm cozy feel of this card. The distressing is great! Such a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card Laurie! I'm loving that lacy doily you used! Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the doily....I've been meaning to pick some of these up! The red on the doily just pops and the ribbon goes with this so well!
    Thanks for the applicator tip today!

    ReplyDelete
  26. stunning Laurie! love how you have incorporated the doily with the scallop circle, great ribbon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this card, Laurie!

    I Blog Spotted your card today:
    http://tinyurl.com/23pzka5

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything about this cad! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this month .... Ange

    ReplyDelete
  29. So behind on commenting on this card, but couldn't just leave it be...how gorgeous is this!?!?! I've given up on 'starring' your cards in Google Reader...they all are 'star worthy!'

    ReplyDelete
  30. Holy Shmoly...I was scanning your blog and put on the brakes....YOWZA!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS