11/20/10

Bannerific!

OK so I know that is cheesy but I just had to use it for my title! hehe!

This banner set was not on my list...at first! I told Jen, who goes head over heals for banner stuff, that I didn't think I would use it but I am sure the PTI DT would make me want it. And they did. So I bought it. Now I love it! Yeah me, right Jen? :)

So here is my first banner card....

IMG_8324

I did something kinda fun with these banners! I took some pictures so you can see how I did it! Just keep scrolling to see my little tut!

IMG_8325

Can you see on the elephants ear, I took a small piece of foam tape on the bottom and then attached the top of his ear to the pain part of the elephant? Cute huh? Looks like a real ear! Well you know...a real stamped ear!

So it may look like there are 2 parts to these banners!  But it is actually just one piece!  Here is what I did...

I took one piece of cardstock....not PTI because it was too thick...and cut it down to a 4x4 piece.


Then I scored the cardstock at 2" and folded it in half...I added a small dot of removable adhesive to the inside of the first and last parts of the banner die.  This was just to make sure the cardstock would not slip and cut evenly....

I basically just line the folded edge of the cardstock, right before the cut line on the banner die!  Here you can see the die sticking out so you don't cut the banners individually, but it will give it a fold!

Next, run it through your cutting machine....


And here is what comes out the other side!  :)


Then you have 3 hinged banners!  (I know there are more than 3 in the picture but you know what I mean!) I just stamped on one side and hung them on twine!

IMG_8319


 And here is the end result!  A fun little 3D banner!  This set is a must have people!  I am telling you!  Go and put it in your cart if you haven't already!  The possibilities are just endless!  :)

IMG_8326

Hope your Saturday was a great one!  It was so nice to have some time tonight to sit down and be crafty!  I haven't had a chance in a quite some time!  Have a great Sunday!!


Supplies are all PTI unless noted...

Stamps: Banner Builders, Bitty Baby Blessing
Paper: Spring Moss, Misc White 80 lb cardstock
Ink: True Black, Spring Moss
Misc: Twine, Black Buttons, Foam tape, SU scallop border punch, Woodgrain IP, Banner Die

38 comments:

  1. your card came out super cute! i've been resisting buying that set, but this tute is making it difficult!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie! I just love it! I think your idea to fold the paper for the banner was a stroke of genius creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your baby card! What a fabulous idea to fold the banner - will definitely try that when I get my hands on the set...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! This is darling, Laurie!! My set arrived today and I hope to get it inky this week!! Great tutorial, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely!! I haven't put the banners in my cart even though the DT did an excellent job. I just didn't see why I would use it. Your card is perfect and it's worth getting just for baby cards alone. This is just super cute, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Laurie and thanks for the tutorial. I to have been resisting this set... might have to re-think :) Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. You told Jen and I both that you weren't "into" banners but look at you now!!! Hehe I love trying this technique with different dies.....gives a whole new look to the end result! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card, Laurie! Love the banners and the elephant ear flap is my fav. Thanks for the tutorial. Now I cannot wait for my dies to arrive:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is just not right!!! My goodies are still sitting in my basket waiting for the large dies to come in.... That is for sure OVER THE TOP CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I love doing that technique with my mat stacks to make little cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!! cant wait for mine to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie - you are not helping! I am TRYING to resist this set...I don't see my resolve lasting too much longer. Super CUTE card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie, I am with Amy...you are absolutely not helping...this is ADORABLE...ADORABLE....ADORABLE...I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo cute! I love your bannaer, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enabler!! I was so not into this set! Banners are cute, but I'm not a banner maker...DT examples and now you have shown me that I must have this set - if only to make cute baby cards with!
    Super cute card! I adore it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable....I had the hinge idea in mind too -- whenever my package finally arrives. Your lil' elephant is the perfect lil' guy for this card too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I somehow managed to not buy any of the PTI banner items, you aren't helping though! Such a fabulous banner card, and I love how you "grounded" the elephant with the scalloped border. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a neat idea!!
    wish i could place an order, but when that time comes, i will def be getting this one!!!
    super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card! Love that banner you made. Ah, one day we'll own it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute, Laurie! I love the woodgrain bg on this and the contrast of the black scallops at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally 'bannerific', Laurie! Love the dimension you've added with that banner...I've not got this set yet, but have a feeling it might sneak into my cart soon *wink*
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Laurie- this is so CUTE!! My set and dies arrive the 24th! YIPPEEE! Love how you made them hinged!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How clever! I totally adore banner cards and this one is so super cute! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG - love it!!!! The card and the 3D banner!!! I ordered this set too - I was in the same mind frame as you. "I don't think I'll need it". But boy did they make me want it! I still haven't received mine yet but hopefully it'll be here soon!
    Thanks for the tut - I'll have to try it for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. GREAT enabling Laurie!! :0) I love your 3D banners here - they're soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm with you on this set. It wasn't on my list until release night...
    Terrific 3D idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha ha!! I know you well enough to know when you will just NEED something!! LOL!! This is really cute! Love the banners!! Can't wait to play with mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sooooo very cute!!! I love the card and such a great idea to make a 3-d banner!!!! Mine should be here soon and I can't wait to play!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is adorable!! You are such a crafty genius:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is SO CUTE Laurie! And thanks for the "bannerific" tip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooooh Laurie, that banner technique is so clever! I like the look of it folded over the string! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous baby card, Laurie, with a very cool color scheme! Thanks for the tut on the banners! I am still waiting on my goodies but can't wait to use this set now!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute! I am still awaiting my dies to land on this side of the pond, but when they do ......

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, this is just TOO CUTE! :)
    I love your color combo and use of the banner die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. ADORABLE!!!!!! Love the woodgrain embossing, the color combo, the sweet little elephant and that awesome banner!!! Thanks for the tutorial, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh man, I'm in love. I better stop now heeheehee.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS