9/08/10

Happy Fall!

I am loving all of the fall colors I am seeing lately!  I sure wish the weather here in Kansas would just stick to the Fall temps!  Time for some cool weather!  Fall is my FAVORITE time of year!  I am totally a sweatshirt and jeans type girl!  So with that I have to share a card today and a super fun gift from my BFF!  

First, I will tell you about my card!  This is a new Hero Arts stamp I saw and just had to have!  I am not usually a "techniquey" sort of girl but I do love these stamps with my Kaleidoscope ink pads!  I just inked up my brayer (which was really dusty from lack of use!) and slapped some ink and there I had a nice focal point! 

IMG_7236

I knew it needed some sort of fall-ish fibers so I found this trim and added a little ribbon ruffle!  The sentiment is from CTMH.  I think it turned out kinda fun!

IMG_7237

So really you are probably wondering what my card is hanging from!  Well, my friend Laura gave me this fantastic recipe complete with this adorable recipe card holder she made!

IMG_7240

Here it is so you can see!  A potato masher she found at an antique store and then she hot glued a little clippy on the handle!  I LOVE IT!!  It will look so cute in my kitchen!  (Or in my craft room so I can take some card pics!) LOL!

IMG_7241

That is all I have for you today!  Hope it's a great day!



Supplies:

Stamps: Hero Arts (Can't find the name!), Sentiment-CTMH Many Thanks
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Stampers Select
Ink: Autumn Leaves Kalidescope, PTI's Fresh Snow
Misc: Twine Trim, Green Ribbon

26 comments:

  1. love this card!! really great technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, beautiful colors...and I LOVE the masher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is splendid Laurie! Oh my do I love that "stand" your friend gave you! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do I begin with this post ....... the card AMAZING ..... turned out kinda fun ...... kinda ..... are you crazy it is the most wonderful card bringing colors together that make you feel the end of summer and the beginning of fall ....... 2nd but equally important I love your friend because she is my kinda girl ..... LOVE THIS gift ..... I see she is just as crafty as you!!! And lastly I totally understand what you are saying about the weather ...... it was almost 90 yesterday...... ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! And NO CENTRAL AIR ........ lord give me the strength not to hurt someone :) Just keep crafting just keep crafting ...... I am singing the Nemo song right now in my head

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo pretty! Love that ruffle/trim combo, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the kaleidescope ink pad..that looks great with this stamp set and the little ruffle is great. I like the little recipe holder..it's great for the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is stunning! The colors are so rich and beautiful. I love that rustic, yet elegant trim, and that lovely ruffle sets it off nicely.
    Eek! I want one of those recipe card holders. Thanks SO much for sharing what that is- I have a feeling you may be seeing some more of those!
    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, LOVE the beautiful colors and gorgeous trim on this card Laurie! Just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Laurie! That ribbon and trim are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THat trim is FAB Laurie and I love the recipe card holder your friend made you! I adore vintage kitchen utensils...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so, so pretty Laurie! I'm so looking forward to fall! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie your card is FABULOUS! I LOVE everything about it! I am sooo looking forward to fall too! and that recipe/card holder your friend made you is DARLING! What a FUN idea!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous! I have not used an ink pad like that before...I'm intimidated by them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love the trim and ruffles ribbon you used! I agree, Fall is the best part of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also love Fall, so it's great to see all those gorgeous cards around!! Lovely, thanks for sharing and inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool effect...love that clippy, mashy thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the card and the stand! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card and technique! I have that same masher!! It was my great grandmother's. That is a very old masher you got there girl! :)
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card...I'm so with you on the jeans and sweatshirts...come on fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. super and what an awesome recipe card holder! love the brayered background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant colors Laurie and great technique! I also love the potato masher-now card holder. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEAUTIFUL!! Love the card! The colors are fabulous! Your idea with the potato masher/card holder is fabulous! Love it!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow great card! Love the Colors you worked with. Definitely feels like fall. The potato masher is genius. What a great way to display your beautiful work or for taking pics. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow....very fallish! Haven't pulled out a Kaleidoscope pad in like FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS