7/13/10

Kraft, Ocean Tides, Black, Smokey Shadow and White...

I know that is a LONG blog post title but hey...why not right?  That is the subject of today's post!  One of my new favorite color combos!  And look!!  Its more than one color!  :) 

Today I have to cards to share!  Both using this color combo!  This first one is a CAS card!    I have had this sticker forever with this quote that I love and I just had to use it!  I think it goes well with this CC.




This next card is for my friend Barb!  I have known Barb for a little over a year now.  We got to meet in person after finding out that we were both designing for TAC's catalog last year!  It was so fun to go through that process together and chat and text, and chat some more and text!  LOL!  So anyway, Barb has become such a good friend and I am so lucky to have her! 
It doesn't feel like a normal day if we don't have a chance to visit! 
For those of you who don't know, Barb is known for her "creepy" blog Haunted Design House but she has a "normal" (hehe) blog over at Foster Design House
Let me tell you though, she is the least "creepy" person there is!  She even knows I am not a fan of Halloween and she still likes me!
She has a huge heart and is amazingly talented!  I love her to pieces!  OK enough mushy..here is the card I made her.....(and a new favorite of mine!)



Thanks for listening to me go on and on today!  Hope you have a great Wednesday!

22 comments:

  1. beautiful simple elegant cards.. i just love that colour combo.. i've got to try that myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Laurie!! That second one just knocked my socks off! The ribbon looks amazing! Barb sounds like a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are gorgeous Laurie, so sophisticated and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both beautiful!!! LOVE the colors and elegant clean lines :) And I REALLY love that ruffley business on the second one! WONDERFUL... even if you got all mushy on us :) (I won't go there, but you know I'll be thinking the same back atcha' baby) {MWAH}

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful--Laurie where do you get your silver gems?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards! That color combo is so fun Laurie! Aren't good friends great?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors...the first card is my fave...clean simple and a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are beautiful. Your bow on the first one is perfect and I love the trim on the second! Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards! I love the color combo and the cards themselves are beautiful. Barb is a lucky lady to get that second card fo rsure. Love the two ribbons that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie these are GORGEOUS! I especially love the first one...such a great clean layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of them.. and that blue is so serene.. love it.. you are so talented gf! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous color combo - although I think you'd be able to make any color combo look good! Beautiful cards, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are just beautiful! I especially love the one with the woodgrain background, the colors on these are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both gorgeous, Laurie!! I love that color combo, too--glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, as usual! I love the OT with SS! Your ruffling on the second card is amazing! I love the contrast of the tiny and large ribbon widths.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elegant cards and a wonderful color combo. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great color combo and design, L.B.! How *do* you tie those perfect bows? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with everyone else-these cards are so pretty and elegant. I love the ribbon on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Laurie, these cards are incredible! Fantastic color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are both spectacularly gorgeous Laurie. I couldn't chose a favourite. So elegant, understated and utterly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a stunner Laurie! Barb has a talented friend in you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh My these are wonderful creations. The color combo is very striking and you are a master at putting all of the elements together in a way that shows each but still leaves a crisp fresh look. I have another new hero!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS